Godus has come across a bit of criticism since it came out for its free-to-play mechanics, but so far it’s been the most popular game on every platform it’s been released. Godus is a god game simulator by the legendary Peter Molyneux and his new studio, 22cans. This being the case, there is far more depth to this game than to your typical mobile world-building simulator. This is the same guy who did Populous, after all. Read on for the top 25 tips and cheats for Godus!
25) Flatten out your land to maximize the amount of plots that you can build.
You need flat land in order for your followers to build, so for the most successful layout, you want something that looks more like Kansas than California. Flatten out everything that you can, leaving a mountain or two behind so that you can build higher-level abodes later on as you unlock the ability to do so.
24) Maximize belief by clearing out trees and rocks.
To do this, tap your finger down and hold on a tree or a rock and watch it disappear. Then drag it around and clear out more trees or rocks (whichever one you tap first). As you slide your finger around, destroying trees and rocks, you’ll gain extra belief, especially for clearing out rocks.
23) Try to refrain from building farms and mines for as long as you possibly can.
Once you build your first farm, you’ll end up having to pay one wheat for every abode that you build. The same is true for mines – once you build your first one, you will have to pay for ore. You can still build settlements without actually sending your farmers and miners out to build farms, so hold off on the farming and mining for as long as you possibly can for unlimited free settlements.
22) Build your settlements as high as you possibly can.
Use the settlement power over and over again on the same settlement, plus on whatever abodes you build around it. Merge the new abodes into the settlement. Your settlement will build vertically and will barely take up more space on the map, if at all, allowing you a seemingly endless amount of room to grow overall.
21) Complete settlements right away by using the time lapse trick.
This cheat only works on the iOS and Android versions of the game, but it’s still an excellent trick. Set the time ahead on your phone or tablet by how long it takes to build the settlement that you have to wait the longest for. Then go back to the game and it will be completed. Set the time back to normal after you do that and it will still be completed.
- Retro Highway – Race-Winning Tips, Tricks, Cheats, and Strategy Guide
- Brew Town – Beer-brewing Tips, Tricks, Cheats, and Strategy Guide
- Guide to My Museum Story: History-Saving Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
- Guide to Secret Kingdom Defenders – Ultimate Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
- How to Beat Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle – Top Tips, Cheats, Hints, and Levels Guide